Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Our September




Hi All,

Yet another month has passed and Kevin and I are inching closer to a journey very much anticipated. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, the 'journey' is moving to Toronto for a year to go to school. Woot!

The official start date is March 7th 2011, so by the beginning of March we will be on the road, in the air, then on the road again to Toronto. And needless to say we are both very excited!

September has been a wonderful month, filled with sweet memories, great experiences and some sad goodbyes.

The beginning of the month had Kevin and I score the privilege of having our good friend Josh, pass through and stay over night with us before leaving early the next morning to go to Florida. His ultimate destination is South Africa, however the 'work-perk' is having to touch base in Florida before moving on to his base outside Jo'berg. We are so sorry for you Josh! The night he stayed I made an Oven-Pancake which we have affectionately named 'The Josh'. It was beyond edible which is what any of could have hoped for :)

Shortly after Josh's departure, Kevin and I were blessed with a ticket to a local conference that had a host of great speakers. It was an unexpected blessing that gave us both some great insight into the stage in life we are at and hope for the future in our chosen path of ministry.

I have begun teaching wednesday mornings at our church a message on the Proverbs 31 woman. It has opened up some great debate and revelation for me and the other women who come along and is just a great opportunity for me to teach. I never thought I'd be a 'teacher' of any sort, yet it comes naturally and I actually love operating in an arena where I can share valuable insight and knowledge with others.

Toward the end of September Kevin and I travelled over to Nanaimo to visit the Paradis clan. Little Marc is growing fast and is at such a gorgeous stage, where he is actually responding to facial expressions and tickles. Kev and I hogged most of his time over the weekend, which hopefully he didn't mind! the other nephews, well, lets just say they are not as little anymore. But still adorable and super fun!

Finally after 9 months in process with immigration we received a letter the other week asking for my passport to finalize my status. And just as we speak, I received another letter and my passport, telling me that al I need to do now is go to an immigration office/border and sign the document and presto! I am a Canadian Resident!! Woohoo! Thank you Lord! Good times!

Other cool news, is that Kev landed whatr looks like a great job in restorations/renovations, and the possibility of a work truck in the future...oh yeah! And well, now that my status is almost finalized, I can get any job I want!! Wow, that's a cool feeling!


And as the pictures show, Kev and I are fighting...but for a purpose! As of this weekend, we are getting our Yellow Belts in Tae Kwon Do, after 9 months of learning, sparring and doing way too many push-ups, we get a colourful new accessory that means we can kick-butt, just a little better than before.

From the fun-filled ground suite of the Friesen's, we say 'we love you, be blessed!'

Kev and Ames






No comments:

Post a Comment